Sunday, July 10, 2011

iCloud (yes THAT wonderful iCloud)

If you're reading this you'll probably get the impression that I hate Apple. Which is nothing new, really, as several people I know seem to think I do. The truth is, however, that I do not hate Apple. I'm just completely unimpressed by most their products. I don't think they're that special, they're just kind of idiot-proofed, but their features can be found in many other competitors, usually for a better price (particularly when it comes to software  and computers). I also dislike the fact that after buying something so expensive, the only way to upgrade to the better product is to buy a new one (for an exorbitant price), and that this happens only within a few months of the initial launch. The user barely has any time to enjoy their pretty new Apple device before feeling like they own something sadly outdated. The Oatmeal has managed to capture perfectly this situation here.

But the one thing that annoys me the most are the blinded Apple users who would set themselves on fire before admitting that Apple is not the most awesome and most advanced hardware/software/whatever that exists on this planet.  The latest of this events has been the announcement of the iCloud. While I don't pretend to be the foremost expert all Cloud platforms available (I've barely been mildly curious, at best) this is my take on how it happened:
















So yeah...at least this time they're giving it away for free. Which, I must admit, is a nice change from the Apple policy. Or it might just be a trap, to get more people to switch to being Apple users D8





P.S. I know I got the Windows logo colors in the wrong order in the first few pics, but it was too late to fix it. Sorry about that.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment